Pages - Menu

28 Mar 2013

On our trip to France


My baby girl on her first trip - playing and sleeping deeply <3
Oh my god I can't believe it's been already 3 weeks we came back from France with Chloe and I didn't have time yet to write a post about it! After being ill for a bit more than a week – I thought I'd never feel well again xD – I then needed to prepare my portfolio for an interview I had for a school. Let me tell you that it was far from ready, or even started lol And with V at home to help me with Chloe, I just wanted to spend time with them instead of doing my portfolio job. Anyway, I'll post some pictures about those couple of days later. For now, let's talk about that trip that scared me xD




So on 3rd of March we went to France with Chloe for Grandma's day. V couldn't come as he thought at first it would be difficult for him to take holidays and as I had my short courses on Saturdays I couldn't go before than Sunday and going to France for just a day doesn't worth it. Anyway, it was Chloe first trip, during which one she would need to stay at same place for an hour and half and have this thing in ears for more than half hour. Let me tell you that I was completely panicked. Travelling with a 4 months old, luggage, big backpack and no pushchair as I was alone and couldn't imagine folding it for security by myself with Chloe in one arm, unfolding it after and probably folding it again once in the train.




People were really helpful actually, ready to help me when needed. And Chloe, Oh My God! That little girl doesn't stop to surprise me. She was an ANGEL! We went in the family room, which is basically 2 pairs of those 4 seats in front each other, separated from the others. Our train got 45 minutes delayed to arrive to Lille, so we basically were on a train for 2 hours. Someone in our coach realized there was a baby 15 minutes before we arrived!! Even when my ears were bothering me she wasn't saying a thing, just sucking on her dummy or fingers. She fell asleep as soon as it became dark and woke up 5 minutes before we came out of the tunnel.




That trip relieved me SO much! And I was so impressed with Chloe! She's been just as good on the way back. I'm really looking forward for our next trip to France in May as now I know she is good. Even though it is still a pain to travel with an infant, luggage etc and all by ourselves.




Our short week went so quickly there, and once again Chloe impressed me by falling asleep in my bedroom all by herself in this unknown bed as soon as she was down. She was all happy and calm with people she was meeting for the first time – and we met knew people EVERYDAY! I was really happy to be able to introduce her to one of my dad's best friend, his “wife” and their twins; to my aunt, her ex-girlfriend – who was like my aunt when I was a kid, probably even more than my real aunt xD – and my aunt's current boyfriend; to my cousin who I used to consider like my sister – I even asked her to become my twin sister when I was 7 years old – and with whom I've been raised, and her dad; to a really close friend of us and her 5 years old daughter that I deeply love and who is Chloe's cousin in my heart – and Chloe's one hopefully.




I also took her to Lille. I was so happy to take her there. I couldn't explain why exactly but having her in the city where I'm from... when we arrived in France, even in the train, I had tears of joy coming xD  Anyway, we took her to my favourite restaurant and then walked around in Lille, we got lucky as it was a really sunny and warm – 19 degrees!! - day. It was just lovely. The only down side was how non kid-friendly France is as I mentioned in the previous post. Even in the restaurant some people – business or working people that came for their lunch – were looking at her with a look saying “I hope she won't start to cry and bother us”. And nowhere to change her nappy or breastfeed her.




But except that it was amazing, she was amazing, and we enjoyed it SO much!








2 comments: